I had CT scans and an echocardiogram at MGH yesterday. This time everyone was wearing masks. I had brought an N95 with the little plastic respirator, and while I was in the waiting room (alone), a nurse came out and explained to me that although my mask would protect me, if I had coronavirus it would not protect the health care workers (air flow in and out). So she brought me out two surgical masks and asked me to put them on instead. However two made me a little panicky, as it was difficult to breathe, so I removed one of them.
Evidently I made it out of MGH just in time, as shortly after my departure five explosions rocked the street—not a dumpster fire (!) but rather manholes that were on fire. If it’s not one thing, it’s two. Or five.
Tomorrow I have another infusion scheduled. Unfortunately my mouth sores have not healed–a less than ideal scenario. However we will be going down in dose and unless the CT scan indicates otherwise, it is my sense that my cancer is responding to treatment. I would like to get the mucositis/mouth sores under control, but even if I can’t, I feel it is best to get a few more doses under my belt.
I’ll let you know what those scans say…